A Bioinformatician or Computational Biologist position is offered by the laboratory of Dr. Maite Huarte, in collaboration with the Unit of Bioinformatics of CIMA research institute in Pamplona, Spain.
The position, founded by the European Research Council, offers the opportunity to work with an interactive team of translational and basic science researchers to apply cutting-edge technologies for the study of noncoding RNAs and cancer.
The successful candidate will:
– Participate in the planning, processing and analysis of data from next generation sequencing technologies for RNA Biology, Gene Regulation and Epigenetic studies (RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ChIRP-Seq …).
– Analyze and integrate cancer genomics data.
– Participate in the development of data analysis workflows and pipelines for high-throughput “omics” data.
– University degree or postgraduate training in computational biology or bioinformatics.
– Experience in the data processing and statistical analysis of high-throughput technologies (microarrays, next-generation sequencing).
– Knowledge of statistical programming environment (R/Bioconductor, Matlab) and programming languages (Perl, Python, Java …).
– Proficiency in written and spoken English.
– Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment and high performance computing (clusters).
– Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services.
– Familiarity with contemporary biomedical research topics.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing their past experience and interests as well as their CV including references to: Maite Huarte, firstname.lastname@example.org. T + 34 948 194 700 ext 1008